Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Next Step is...

...Thursday @ 8:00 a.m. when I have the GI stuff done. Should get the results well in advance of my next MDA trip. God is the Lord of medical scheduling details too!

Please pray for accurate and good results! "Accurate" is actually the more important prayer, but "good" would be nice as long as it's accurate to say so.

This will be my 2nd batch of GI stuff in less than 2 years. I'm so fortunate; why, I bet there are some of you reading this right now who have likely never even had one upper & lower GI series, and here I am about to have my 2nd...*grin* Here's the funniest line of the day, from the nurse: "You don't actually have to have a driver here to take you home. If you don't, we'll still do the procedures but we won't be able to give you the happy medicine, which will make it much less comfortable of a morning..." (yeah...I laughed out loud right there in the Dr.'s office)

By the way, the count is now up to five; five M.D.'s that I have spoken with about my situation have shaken their heads & said "that's strange..." Being a medical marvel like this is very much over-rated, and is completely not recommended in case you were wondering...

But my God is on His throne, and He knows the end from the beginning, and He is able--more than able--to handle this or anything else that might come my way. Thanks so much for your prayers to Him on our behalf!

With love and hope,
Mike

p.s. - Just now walking out of the Dr.'s office, I pictured this Ron White delivery describing my relationship with the GI Dr.: "The man goes to church with me, & has a child the age of one of my children, and besides, he's about to perform his 2nd upper & lower GI series on me in 22 months--we've met!" *grin*

3 comments:

Janice said...

Praying daily for you all! Thanks for the blog to keep us posted. I'm guessing you have read David Jeremiah's book... "When Your World Falls Apart" or formerly called "A Bend In The Road"... you use the phrase about as often as I do. I'm reading it a 2nd time. There is so much wisdom, faith, hope and truth there... could be the focus on the WORD! Praying, Janice Gundy

Anonymous said...

Even now (as Uncle D would say)Team Weathers is praying for you.
Stephanie and Jason

gshows said...

Mike, Lisa, and family,
We are praying for you and thanking God for your ministry to others. I pray that God's presence will continue to give you the peace that passes understanding. You are loved by many, with the only exceptions being the students that didn't study for your final exam ("big ole grin").

Gary Shows
Hattiesburg, MS