Monday, May 12, 2008

The wheels are turning...

I have a consult appt. w/ a G.I. Dr. tomorrow (Tuesday, 5/12) at 11:30. Hopefully, the result of this will be an upper & lower G.I. series later this week, so we can ship the results out to M.D. Anderson, so the folks there can read the results ahead of my next appt. out there next Thursday (5/22).

(aside: don't ponder overmuch on what exactly an "upper & lower G.I. series" is; let's just say that the entire journey this morning's breakfast takes will be, um, examined...and that anesthesia is involved...)

Not much of an update, I realize, but at this point in the journey, there are no minor details nor updates. They all count! And the G.I. series could prove to be a highly significant piece of the puzzle, as lower G.I. has been mentioned as a potential primary source for the cells in my lungs.

Man, how I love being a medical marvel with the ability to confound & confuse all of medical science...wait...no I don't...never mind... *smile*

Thanks so much for your prayers! Lisa, James, Anne, & I are so very grateful for the prayers & thoughts & comments, here & in person & via email.

With Love and Hope,
Mike - 2 Cor 4:7-8, 16-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Jason here. You just had to "out do" me by having more test than me. Hard to believe that we are both going through these struggles at the same time. Praying for some clear answers from your tests. Praying for God to show himself mighty. A great teacher of mine once told me that regardless of the outcome, God won't be "wringing his hands or scratching his head with worry" over the results. Wait... that was you! I praise God for his sovereignty.
Also, enjoy the anesthesia. Good stuff.
Love you, man. WE shall press on together knowing that he works all things for his good b/c we love him.
Jason