Thursday, May 22, 2008

Showtime!

(and I don't mean the fast-breaking Lakers of the 1980s...)

In about an hour, Lisa & I will head over to Starbucks for some health food *grin* & java, and then will make the trek up to MDA (about 25 miles or so). Neither of us had the best night of sleep ever last night, but the Lord directly answered a pray of mine at 2:40 a.m., when I asked for 4 good hours of sleep. Next time I rolled over & checked the time, it was 6:50.

We were just talking, and agreed that neither of us feels panic and despair today. I attribute that directly to (a) our Lord lifting up our heads as (b) so many praying for us this morning.

"But You, O Lord, are a shield about me; my glory, and the lifter of my head." Psalm 3:3

Thank you so very much for standing in the gap for us and for holding us before the throne!! I told Lisa that just in the minutes since I awoke & made coffee that I have this wonderful literal physical & emotional awareness that we are being prayed for by many this morning. I generally wake up ready to charge into the day, but this day those feelings have intensified even since I awoke and remembered what's coming later today. We are both so very blessed and so incredibly humbled that you are praying for us through this bend in the road. Rest assured, my own prayer life will never be so taken for granted again, since I've directly benefitted from the prayer lives of so many of you!

Excerpts from this morning's Bible reading in 2 Thessalonians 3:
"Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored...For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one...May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ...As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good...Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times, in every way. The Lord be with you all." vv. 1, 2b-3, 5, 13, 16 (emphasis mine)

So many encouraging reminders there. Know that you have been mentioned by name in the throneroom of glory this morning; many of the names by me, the others by the Holy Spirit. He knows all of your names even if I don't. I've prayed that middle part about "May the Lord direct your hearts..." for you.

Thanks for your ministry to the Madaris tribe! Hang in there with us just a bit longer and perhaps we'll know more about what's to come in my medical future.

With much love and hope even in this day,
Mike

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woke up this a.m. and you both came to mind immediately. I am praying for a good day despite having to spend it at MDA. Praying for a peace that passes all understanding. You both are loved.
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning....just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers this morning as you face your day at MDA. We know that God has you fully in His wonderful hands and we look forward to answers to your questions....hopefully easy answers!!! YOU ARE BOTH LOVED AT THE STRIDER HOUSE!!!
HANG IN THERE! Thanks for keeping us updated! Brenda

Anonymous said...

May the very essence of His presence in you manifest in peace, comfort, and unwavering love. May your face be set like a flint (Isaiah 50:7)as our Sovereign Lord helps you. Wrap yourself in the train of His garment and rest...let the train of his robe fill your temple as it did in the year King Uzziah died. May your ears be filled with the song of the seraphs,
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

We love you Mike and Lisa...we pray with expectation...we wait for glorious news!

-Carl Fortenberry

Anonymous said...

Steve and I are continuing to lift you and your family up in our prayers. Know that we stand with many other brothers and sisters in Christ who are fighting this battle with you. It is an honor to walk along side you and your family during this time of uncertainty. Let us know if we can do anything to help. We, your family, are here for you!