Monday, June 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home!!

As of a few min ago, Lisa & I are home!! Never was it more sweet than just now. Lisa agrees. (tho in her case, it's magnified, because she had to drive all the way...)

Wound- & lung-wise, I feel fine. However, the system is taking longer to adjust to life after anesthesia than I had hoped. Thus, we were much slower out of the gate this morning than expected, because I felt rather...not good. Lisa & I have concluded that this is to be expected. After all, the anesthesia guy explained that they were going to shut down my left lung's function entirely, while keeping the rt. one pumping. (Is medical technology awesome, or what??) Plus, gen'l anesthesia shuts down most everything else. I'm just ready for it all to turn back on now...

Plus, I had to stop every couple of hours (Dr. orders), and walk. Fast-food patrons all over E. TX & S. LA are probably still talking about the funny man in the white leggings that was walking laps around the McDonald's/Burger King earlier today...

And now, we wait...again...for hugely significant medical results...*sigh* The plan is to call Wednesday & get the combo of the path report plus the prelim from the medical Dr. based on the pathology from Friday's resections... Your continued prayers these next few days are most appreciated!

This week's memory verse has long been a fave of mine due to its huge theological significance. But this week, if possible, it means even more to me. "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth" John 1:14. Ponder with me what it means that Jesus Christ chose to condescend to come to earth and become flesh & hang around with such knuckleheads as us. But not only that, to offer redemption to us even with total awareness of all of our, well, humanity. May we never get over that...

Thank you so much for sharing this bend in the road with us! Your prayers are making a huge difference to all 4 of us. It's my prayer that we never get over that either...

With love & hope,
Mike - 2 Cor 4:7-8, 16-18

2 comments:

Janice said...

Welcome home! I'm sure you will plan to check out the sermon Tony preached yesterday, but I certainly encourage you to do so. He preached on John 1...THE WORD spoke to you too! God is so awesome. PRAYERS FOR YOU ALL EVEN NOW! Go as slow as you like... you'll get wherever you're going eventually. Embrace the joy along the journey. Love you all! Janice

Anonymous said...

Mike, welcome home. You don't know me, but your brother Jim is a dear friend of mine and I have been reading all about you on your blog, so I now feel like you are also a dear friend. Jim and Sandi go to church with me. I've been praying for you and your family and know God is going to bless you all through this. Keep the faith. Kem