Monday, June 30, 2008

So, Anne seems to have come down with a tonsil infection. Went to Dr. & got some pills for it. As of 11:30 Mon. night, let's just say that they haven't worked yet.

Meanwhile, Lisa & James are heading up to Oxford tomorrow to do apartment stuff for next year (basically, utilities setup + drop off a load of stuff to lighten his load in a few weeks.).

Luckily, tomorrow's my only class night & I need to be @ work for a good part of the day.

Other than those three things, everything's just groovy @ casa Madaris...*huge sigh* (oh, and my nasty treatment next week...almost forgot about that. OK, no I didn't...)

I ask unapologetically for prayers about tomorrow's day (Tues.), especially for Anne's illness. In fact, if you're a night owl reader, prayer for her to sleep tonight would be greatly appreciated. Lisa will have the 1st shift; I'm the early morning guy if needed.

The late, great Mississippi comedian Jerry Clower said it best: "Shoot up here amongst us! One of us has got to have some relief!"

Still & all, though, compared to so many, we're OK.

Grace notes just a-pouring into our lives from so many directions.
Recent examples:
--Last night at the church picnic, got 2 different very encouraging medical reports from church friends with cancer who were given pretty bad prognoses a few months ago. Assuming all goes well, the one lady & I said we'll be dancing at next year's picnic; now I just have to decide which song to request. Right now, I'm leaning toward "Play That Funky Music, White Boy"...or "Drop-Kick Me, Jesus, Through the Goal Posts of Life" (which is, in fact, an actual song..) *grin*
--Dinner with some friends Saturday evening. She said she wanted to feed us before "everything tastes like metal" for me. We had a great time & some awesome food.
--Hugs from so many Sunday night. If you enjoyed Sunday night too, you're welcome, because the main blessings were apparently aimed my way. *smile*
--Travel arrangements & offers from friends here & elsewhere.
--Phone calls & emails from so many.
--James helped me set up a facebook site. (yeah...I know...pretty scary, huh?) And I have already reconnected with friends from days gone by.
--neighbors tag-teaming on mowing my lawn. "Don't you get out there & get hot & tired...you need to save your strength for the treatments..."
--my buddy William is apparently doing quite well from his heart attack. 2nd stent put in today. After which, he called me from his hospital room!! And I thought I was the one who was supposed to go lift his spirits...(BTW, thanks to those of you who prayed for William!)
--Found a great book for $4.97 @ Lisa's store.
(there are more, but it's way past my bedtime already...)

Thanks so much for your prayers!!

With love & hope--particularly tonight for my 17-year-old baby girl who still needs her Mama to hold her when she's sick,
Mike

p.s. - I'm not sure there's a more helpless feeling than sitting with a sick child & knowing that there's pretty much nothing a Dad can do to make it better...

3 comments:

The Thurmans said...

Hope Anne is feeling better this morning. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you. We miss you all so much and hope to be able to visit soon.

Love,
The Thurmans

her said...

Mike please tell Anne that we will be praying for her to get better...and BTW...I loved dancing to "play that funky music white boy" Brought a smile to my face.

I know so many are standing in the gap for you and Lisa right now...allow them to enjoy giving, b/c I know for certain that you have given so much of yourself to others in the past..
Steve is a cmp this week but I am sure his 2cents would be a requet for Uriah Heap (did I spell that correctly) You were the only other person who loved that band.

Joy, John 15:11

her said...

Mike just wanted to say hey to The Thurmans!!! Hi ya'll! My how your family has grown.
This is Debi Ogle from Steve and Debi..check out my blog @
www.tennesseebuckeyes.blogspot.com

Joy