Friday, June 6, 2008

Next Steps (sort of)

Just got another call. (This one was one I actually wanted! *smile*)

June 26 - "Re-staging" tests & scans @ M.D. Anderson
chest/abdomen/pelvic CT scan; chest xrays; bloodwork

June 27 - appt. w/ Dr. Homsi
(medical melanoma Dr.; click on his name in the line above for more info)

I've had all of those tests & scans this Spring; last month, even! The hope (huge prayer point!) is that all of them continue to show that my cancer has not spread beyond my lungs.

Assuming that's the case, then the Friday appt. w/ Dr. Homsi will lay out what future treatment looks like. There's a real good chance this can be done here! That would be groovy, but hear me say, we're willing to go wherever & whenever to do whatever helps take care of this situation.

So, I 'spose the immediate prayer points are these:
--accurate test/scan results showing that cancer has not spread beyond lungs
--wisdom for Dr. Homsi & his team (note: they're very, very good; still, "very, very good" + the Lord's guidance = outstanding combo...)
--peace these next 3 weeks for us
--productivity @ work for me; I'm very far behind. Thankfully, I have a forgiving & patient boss, but I don't want to keep making her have to forgive me & be patient with me...Plus, my colleagues are likely tired of having to do my work in addition to their own. (Thanks, guys!!)

Thank you so very much for continuing to pray us around this bend. I hope I never tire of thanking you. BTW, to those of you here, I'm actually right close to being able to actually hug; so come near at your own risk...

With much love and great hope in a BIG God,
Mike

p.s. - Don't forget: "The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again! The lame will leap! The dumb will speak the praises of the Lamb!" Do you know that Lamb? Hope so, for as the song continues, He "is the great I Am..."

5 comments:

charlie and vicky chatham said...

Mike, Lisa, and family, Charlie and I are gladly standing in the gap for you with prayer. We will pray daily for you and trust our God to answer our prayers.

With Love,
Charlie and Vicky Chatham

Christy said...

Mike,
I am praying for you regularly and for Lisa, James, and Ann. I have passed the word to the Sullivan clan and they are interceding to. Of course, Mom, had to refer to the story she always does about Ann refering to her as Medusa (spelling?) when she was 3 or so. We love ya'll and will be praying as you continue to serve and honor our miracle-working Savior even during this storm.
Love,
Christy Moorehead

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I got directed to your blog from Jason's...I am a Temple West Member but don't know that I have personally
met you. I have found your
faith, and encouragement to
be so uplifting...first on Jason's page and now through all you are going through.
Praying God will give you and
family comfort,strength and above
all healing.
My 32 year old son, Eric, is facing a duel organ transplant.. kidney and pancreas when a matching donor can be found.
He is in end stage renal failure
and on diaylsis. Would you please pray for his health and family as we wait and pray for "God perfect timing."
God Bless,
Jan Wright-Harwell

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike,

Sister Woman talked to your Mom this evening to find out the latest news regarding your medical situation. I am overwhelmed with emotions, my dear old friend (o.k., o.k...I am a month older than you). I am glad that Lisa and your brother are both a source of strength for you. I can't imagine what I would have done the last several years without the support and friendship of Sister Woman. You may have pounded your brother and visa versa at one time in your lives; but, with age comes wisdom and MATURITY! And, I haven't even broken anything that belongs to Sister Woman (such as plastic headbands since I can remember).

Please know that there are so many people that care about you and will be praying for you! I haven't seen you in forever; but, just know that the extended Hays family loves and cares about you more than you probably know!

Love,
Janet

Unknown said...

Dr. Madarais, thank you for sharing your faith and testimony with your students in MBA 633. You are certainly a blessing to me and I thnk God each and every day for you. I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer that God's will will be done in your lives now and in the days to come.