Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lab Results *NOW KNOWN*

JUST HEARD FROM MDA: the 3 spots were, in face, metastatic melanoma.

Thus, I've been referred back to Dr. Homsi, my initial Dr. out there. Should hear from him in the next day or so.

Here's my fairly unvarnished thinking @ the moment:
--not a good diagnosis, but...
--those three spots are not only diagnosed; they are also now treated. (because they're gone)
--there are 2 spots remaining that we know of
--the cancer remains confined to a single organ (lungs)
--I haven't a clue what the future medical treatment will be, but I predict/expect a combo of radiation + chemo or hormones
--on balance, I'm still optimistic here. My Lord still rules & reigns, and nothing comes to us that is not filtered through His hands. Not even metastatic melanoma.

Your prayers are now more welcome--and needed--than ever!!

Thanks so much for holding us up in prayer during this extended bend in the road.


(my original post earlier today follows)
Today's been a low-energy day. Half a degree of fever this morning; fever gone now. Haven't felt like doing much of anything, and thus haven't actually done much of anything.

Apparently, this recovery will be more of a process than I wanted it to be. Rats!

Still & all, I'm good. Just impatient about how I feel. Thanks so much for continuing to pray us through this!

With love & hope,
Mike - 2 Cor. 4:7,8; 16-18

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and Lisa,
After receiving text msg from Mike earlier, the two of you have been on my heart and in my prayers constantly. I know the "waiting" for what next is, well, it just plain STINKS. Praying for the Lord's peace to overwhelm you both. Praying lots of other things for you as well, but know that I consider it an honor to intercede on two friends who have prayed for us SO often! We love you both. God is good.
Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Mike & Lisa,
I, like everyone your lives touch, will be blessed by how God will use you both through this. But I selfishly thought today, "I'm not ready to hear this." None of us are, especially you guys, I'm sure.
Please know that my prayers for God's peace and the knowledge of His unending love are constantly lifted up for you. It's thin cover, but it's there, bro & sis!
I love you both. I've got lots of selfish prayers to yet pray for my brother & his bride--God understands.

I love you,
Jim

Anonymous said...

Mike and Lisa,
Hang in there. Love and prayers to you, James, Ann, Jim and Sarah

Cousin Catherine in Richmond VA