Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Today's News...

--Anne's a bit better; "better enough" for me to head on over to WCU earlier today to move the pile a bit. Still not "good" yet though.

--the cardio test is tomorrow in Mobile @ 2:30

**this cardio test is actually very important; I need to do well enough on it to be able to take the IL-2 treatments next week* (prayer point there) I'm not particularly stressed about the stress test (*rimshot*), but as I say, it is very important.

--Lisa & James & Beau the dog made it to Oxford to get utilities turned on & such in James' apt. for next academic year. They'll come back tomorrow morning.

--In a stunning upset, I was able to get a bit of work done today! *faint applause, as at a golf tourney* My wonderful boss said to me, "I imagine it's very difficult to think about work things in your situation." That is utterly correct!

--Speaking of work, William Carey U., the Dean of the Bus. School (my immediate boss), and my fellow teachers in the School of Business have messed up royally.

They have been so absolutely amazing to me & my fam during this bend in the road that I may never leave, nor allow any of them to do so. *grin* The evidence of their amazing-ness is shown in many, many ways, but let's just say THEY'RE AWESOME!! In the midst of a zillion distractions related to medical stuff, my colleagues & boss(es) have stepped up huge to remove doubts & concerns & fears I have about my job performance which has surely been...subpar, let's say...since January. (supply your own punchline about my job performance before January...) Many of you don't know my colleagues & boss(es); nonetheless, (next time you pray for me) would you please thank God on my behalf for them & ask Him to bless them in an extra special way? And to you, Cheryl, Eddie, Laurie, Sharon, Jimmy, Hubert, David, & Susan, THANKS!!! Truly, I thank God every time I remember you...I cannot imagine having to negotiate this bend without all of you ministering to us in so many ways.

Thanks to all for reading & for praying & for encouraging!
With Love & Hope,
Mike

p.s. - some lyrics I was reminded of this morning as I was working out. (Thank you, Apple, for inventing the IPOD!) Both of these songs are oldies, but goodies by one of the best writers of our time.

The Warrior Is A Child – Twila Paris

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing, strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me; I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor,
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because his armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing; never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies that lay me at His feet

I drop my sword and look up for His smile
Because deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
The Warrior is a Child

(Mike says: Twila was listening very well that day, when she captured how this journey feels for me. I love the line about dropping my sword & looking up for His smile)

Prince of peace, come and reign
Set Your feet on the mountaintop again
Take Your throne, rightful Lord
Prince of peace
Come and reign forevermore

(Mike says: Just a quick chorus from the song "Prince of Peace," but again, one that nails my prayers these days. Selah.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dr. Maradis is absolutely correct when he speaks so fondly of his co-workers. I have only had the honor of being taught by a few of those mentioned, but I can attest to the fact that the professors and staff are truly the finest that I have ever been associated with. God bless each and every one of you.

her said...

Mike, You don't ave to convince me of your fellow workers at WCC (oops! I mean WCU) Having worked with the professors there for 6 yrs, I know they have your back w/the job and personal bends in the road. A great group of people work there!
Thank you for reminding me to pray for them also!

PS if you ever see Shar in the music building, please tell her I said hello! Also Linda York in the business office (PAYMENTS) for admissions.

So glad to here that Anne is doing better! Are you seeing the heart doctors in Mobile tomorrow? One of the head doctors there went to our church @ Spring Hill Baptist when we were serving there (96-99)

Joy for your day, Debi O.