Tuesday, July 8, 2008

2:30 & counting

Hello, everyone. Jim here, subbing (poorly) for Mike. As you'll quickly notice, he got all the writing genes in the family...

We are grateful, as anyone who has ever been through a situation like this knows, for the small blessings which are everywhere around us--whether or not we notice them. Here is one of which we are aware: two hours and 30 minutes since dose #1, and Mike has had no side effects at all. He is his usual cheery self, cracking wise about various absurdities associated with this treatment and hospital life; his vital signs are all completely normal at this point; and he feels fine at this point. We know things obviously won't remain this way, but Mike, Lisa, & I are all happy for this small part of the next 7 days with which God has blessed Mike--symptom- and side effect-free.

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matt: 6:34

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing the best for you Mike--treatment success and side effect free! I keep up with your blog several times a day.

Your friend,

Nathan

Anonymous said...

Well, it's 9pm. Long passed the 2:30 post, but I'm hoping you are still free from side effects. I pray that tonight you find rest; at least as much as can be expected in an ICU with several machines & rotating staff. You stay on my heart & mind, thus I pray often. Much love to you & Lisa, and possibly Jim by the end of this.
Kristen

BrendaStrider said...

Hi guys....hope that you're still side effect free at 10:15....you have all been in my thoughts and prayers all day today. I am so glad that Lisa will be able to stay with you....I know that will be a good thing for both of you! Jim, it was a treat to finally meet you Sunday. What a great brother you are! Y'all hang in there and know that the Strider household will keep the prayers coming....you've got a day behind you now...WOOHOO!!! Much love and hope that you are kicking some Melanoma Hiney!!! God is good!!!

bert said...

Lord God I pray for my brother Mike and his family. Put Your hands on them Lord and let them feel the comfort and peace only You can give. Keep Mike from side effects Lord and bring him home after 14 treatments. Lord I have the confidence that You hear me and with that I believe that You will give me whatever I ask. In Jesus Name Amen. Keep smiling Mike

her said...

I like what Brenda said...so I must ditto her....Kick some melanoma hiney! Or we could say:KSMH!

Am praying that Wednesday finds you still having no effects from those mega shots....The Ogles have your backside in Georgia!

Joy, Debi

Anonymous said...

Praying for you daily - minimum side effects, treatments do their job, peace and comfort.

Cindy Humphrey

Anonymous said...

MIKE: HARDLY A DAY GOES BY THAT YOU ARE NOT ON OUR MINDS. WE PRAY FOR YOU DAILY AND THINK OF HOW YOUR FAITH IN GOD HAS BEEN SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO US.

HANG IN THERE, WE ARE PRAYING THAT THE IL-2 TREATMENTS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL FOR YOU!

WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

EDDIE AND BILL