Friday, July 11, 2008

6 is the number, and the number shall be 6

As of Dr. visit just a bit ago, I'm officially finished with this round. Made it thru 6 trtmts, and then things went rather far south. The biggies were (a) platelet count being so low, and (b) depressed,shallow breathing. The breathing is because of massive fluid retention (expected side effect). So, I'm done with this round. Will get to a regular room asap. May get all the way out on Sunday.

Let me say at this point that 6 treatments is basically the norm; NO one gets anywhere close to 14, according to the docs. So I'm happy that I was able to get #6 onboard. God is, as always, on His throne.



I'll write more about the IL-2 trtmts later when I feel better ane when I'm not typing with a device attached to my fimger.



Thanks so much for your prayers! Please keep 'em coming for a couple more days. Now though, you can shift gears to asking God for quick offload of the fluid and for complete recovery.



Much love to all!

Mike



p.s. - if you're not already doing so, please visit Jason Weathers' blog, which is here. Jason has taken a MASSIVE turn for the worst. Read the journal entries to get the story. Prayers are urgently needed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know we are praying for you Mike.
Robert & Lynn Foreman

her said...

6..that's great! Steve and I will pray for the next few days to give you raid strength and the results of these w&w shots to show improvement.

Json, Steph, you and Lisa have been on our minds all week long.

Continuing in faith, in love and in joy for you dear brother.

John 15:11

BrendaStrider said...

Hey Mike....so glad that you are "done and done" with treatments. We will be glad to get you back safe and sound in South Mississippi!!! Do you need me to get some platelets ready for you? Let me know (it takes 3 days for them to be ready to receive by the patient) and I'll get someone up to UBS on Sunday! Take care....I've thought so much about your "God's not wringing His hands" theology this week as Jason's situation has worsened. I am so thankful for you and for the teaching and wisdom you have shared with my household over recent years. We love you much and will keep the prayers coming for complete healing!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike and Lisa,
We were praying hard for 14, but we know God has everything under control. We love you so very much and want to see you all soon. (preferably while enjoying BBQ) Praying Hard,
Clay and Sheri

Anonymous said...

Not 5 nor 7 but 6..6 is the number for the holy hand grenade..Great Holy Grail reference. That cracked me up. Gotta love that Monty Python..Hope to see you soon..Hang in there.Still praying here..Lance and Karla

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
So glad to hear you are on the downhill side of this ride. Courtney and I have been praying for you all week. Rest up and get home...can't wait to see you!
-Carl Fortenberry

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike and Lisa,
Our prayers are with you as you recover and healing takes place. May God bless you with a quick recovery!
Hope to see you back at TBC soon.
Martha and Jerry Morris

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mike- Praying for you and Lisa. Hope you are about ready to trek it to Hburg. I know your heart is weary with news of Jason. Push forward thru this and allow yourself to sleep and rest so that you can gain strength for the next round. You know that's what he would have you do! We all love you and are praying for you.
Debbie and Mike