Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Live from MDA's ICU...

...it's Mike, blogging from room 740. (I 'spect I'll not feel much like blogging in the rather near future; Jim & Lisa will keep folks informed)

As I type, dose #1 is finished coming on board. So far, so good...but the real fun will likely come after a few more doses. (the delay is due to point #1 below...the PICC line one)

Prayers are needed more than ever these next few days.

Been an interesting morning...
--millions of people have never had a PICC line installed; I've had 2 installed in the last 24 hours. (1st one only had one outlet, & I need 2...so...yeah...)
--I've lost count of the number of medical types who have had a hand in my care this morning
--my nurse says side effects will kick in within 45 min or so. (I'm pretty stoked...wait...no I'm not...*sigh*)
--I have to keep close track of all...bodily functions, let's say. This is not the most fun part of this deal...
--I've been given official permission to barf on anyone standing nearby, should the need arise. So I've got that going for me...*grin*
--Jim & Lisa are both here. Prayers are welcomed for them too.
--at one point, my nurse, the dietician, and the xray guys all showed up here at the same time, all needing to either talk to us or do a procedure. I felt so loved...or something...
--comforting news flash from the Dr. this a.m. - there's no correlation between number of treatments taken and success/effectiveness of the treatments. Dr. said a point will come when my body has had enough IL-2; at that point, they'll shut it down. He said not to be all bummed out (his quote) if I'm only able to take, say 8 trtmts. This was a comfort to my soul! Still, 13 more with minimal side effects would be great!

**I had a marvelous time with God this morning.** Want to know how God feels toward His people? Go read Isaiah 62. I was blown away anew by His heart toward me. I'll be re-reading this as often as possible these next few days...

I hope to be writing here again soon, but "soon" may be on the other side of IL-2-land. Know that you are loved and treasured by us. Much more, though, know that you are loved and treasured by God!

With love and hope...and just a touch of nervousness,
Mike - Isaiah 62:1, 3-4; 63:7-9

p.s. - was jusr given a batch of emails by my nurse. Thanks! (for more on how to do that, see down below...

2 comments:

her said...

Mike Lisa Jim....I so got you covered in prayer down here in southern Georgia...yesterday and today I prayed for all of you while soaking in the pool...I know, I know, that's like being a missionary in the carriabean!
More than that I told the Lord how blessed we all are having Mr. Mike on our list of friends and that He (God) really needs to watch out for him this week. Mike I am praying that you can take more than 8....we want this ugly stuff out of you fast! Wonder if you will throw up anything if you listen to Uriah Heap? Music does sooth the savage beast... Wonder if they will let you even play that on your floor? If not, Steve would say they had no appreciation for good music...note: I said Steve, b/c I could throw up listening to UH! hahaha!
Joy, John 15:11
Debi Ogle

Kerrie Barron said...

Mike, Lisa and family.......we love you and are praying for you here in the burg! Hang in there....keep the faith!

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happend to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 4: 12-13

Kerrie Barron and family