Monday, July 21, 2008

Joe Cocker sang it best...

*sings* "Sevennnnn Days...seven more days..."

7 days from, well, right about now, Lisa & I will be in the MDA ICU awaiting the first dose of round 2 of high-dose IL-2. The magic bag should be hung around 9:00 a.m.

I'm very excited.

OK, I'm not excited at all, other than excitement about being one step closer to completing my oh-so-fun 2nd round of high-dose IL-2.

BTW, speaking of high-dose IL-2 and its effects, I seem to feel better by the day. Yesterday,I went in to the office and caught up (somewhat) on email & administrative stuff. I was there for 5 hours in a row. And I drove myself! *beams with pride* Progress...I'll take it!

Please pray for continued recovery, so that next week's round 2 will be as effective as possible. (And so that I can endure it all as well as possible...*sigh*)

Thanks much for your continued prayers, my friends. We are living on them these days.

From yesterday's reading in Isaiah 65:
I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me;
I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me.
I said, “Here am I, here am I,” to a nation that was not called by my name.
I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices;...

(Mike says, Aren't you glad the grace of God seeks us & pursues us? I sure am, for I wasn't asking for Him, seeking Him, nor was I rightly called by His name, though I surely was rebellious when He gently drew me back on course.)

Behold, My servants shall eat...shall drink...shall rejoice...shall sing for gladness of heart...So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my eyes.
(13-14, 16)

(Mike says, Those promises specifically refer to Israel, but they are good to ponder when Providence doesn't smile, aren't they? Especially that bit about "the former troubles are forgotten...)

For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness.
I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.
No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old...
They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat;
for like the days of a tree shall the days of my people be, and my chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands....
Before they call I will answer;
while they are yet speaking I will hear.
(17-22)

(Mike says, well, Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!)

Again, thanks for the prayers. Let these few verses spoken about God's chosen people and about the future encourage you as your pray. Our God truly is an awesome God!

With Love and hope,
Mike

p.s. - there are other versions of the song I started with, but Joe Cocker's is the best. But then I pretty much thing his version of any song is the best. *pictures Joe singing "With a Little Help From My Friends" at Woodstock* *enjoys the image*

1 comment:

her said...

Mike, the spirit is within you, What a great thing to have!
Sharing this time with others.
Each day a witness to your brothers.
God's word is our sauve,

A healing balm for a wound.
We continue to lift you high in prayer,
so you can hear the eagle sound.
Victory in Jesus over IL2's,
And more time to sing your rock and roll tunes!

Not a poet but I know it!
Just felt like writing some things down about the Mike I know.

Joy for your day! Debi O