Monday, July 7, 2008

Into the Valley

We're off to Starbucks & then to MDA shortly. Some verses this morning that capture my soul.

A friend sent this 1st verse as a text last night. Another friend regularly quotes this and preceding verses as his favorites.

As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so I will seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness.
Ezekiel 34:12

Another version says "As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock, so will I look after my sheep."

The Great Shepherd is present and is on His throne. Lisa & I have great confidence in His "looking after" us.

"In You, O Lord, do I take refuge...in your righteousness, deliver me!" Psalm 31:1

"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure." Psalm 16:8-9

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in Whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:1-2

"O Lord my God, in You do I take refuge; save me from all my pursuers and deliver me, lest like a lion they tear my soul apart, rending it in pieces, with none to deliver." Psalm 7:1

"When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, 'Do you want to be healed?'" John 5:6

Thanks so much for your intercession this week. Please remember Lisa & Jim, who are here, and also James & Anne & my Mom, who have to walk this road with me from a distance.

I feel peace this morning, which I attribute to my Lord answering your prayers. Thanks!!!!

Some combo of Jim, Lisa, & James will update here these next few days, as I doubt I'll be able to. See you on the other side of IL-2-land!

Much love and great hope,
Mike

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying. Praising God for the peace that Mike experienced. God is good...
Stephanie

Unknown said...

God-speed, Dr. M.

BrendaStrider said...

Mike, I am praying for you EVEN NOW as you are meeting with your doctor that this week's treatment will provide maximum benefit with minimal side effects. I hope that you saw my post to you and J on J's site the other day....I found a verse in Isaiah that was SO profound after mine and Lisa's conversation in LifeWay the other day....We were envisioning you and Jason sitting on porch rocking chairs with grandbabies in your lap!!! When I saw this verse, it gave me goose bumps!!
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4
Don't you just love the way God speaks to you in a totally new way in verses that you may have read a 100 times before and never noticed? Mike and Lisa, we love you both so much and how I wish that we could bear some of this load for you. Know that we will pray without ceasing for you that this week is a week of MIRACLES!! Thank you for ALWAYS being a source of blessings for the Strider household. HANG IN THERE, MY FRIENDS....BRIGHTER DAYS ARE COMING!!! Love y'all MUCH!!

Anonymous said...

I did it! I figured out how to leave a comment. You are probably already getting your meds by now, but I hope you know deep in your heart that I am constantly lifting you up today and every day until the IL-2 trip is completed. Loving you & Lisa much and praying often.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Lisa and Mike- prayed for you last night and this morning as you embark on this part of your "journey". I pray that God's peace will continue to work in your hearts and that the side effects from treatment will be minimal. We love you!
Debbie and Mike K.

Patty Upton said...

Prayers for the PATIENT (that you can be patient through the land of IL-2) and your CAREGIVERS (that they will give you good care) and that you will all experience God's peace this week during this healing process.
From all the Uptons

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I'm changing offices at PCS and was collecting some stuff from the classroom we once shared. I found this quote taped to the computer screen. I think you may have written it down and placed it there a few years ago.

all that is gold does not glitter not all those who wander are lost
the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadows shall spring, renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.

J.R.R. Tolkein

I know it is not scripture, but it ain't bad either.

The elders of Woodland Pres. prayed for you before church Sunday. I know it is going to be a tough week for you. Know that the thoughts and prayers of many are with you.

Norman