Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Quick Update

Did well on the cardio function test today!

Today's was truly one of the more bizarre medical experiences yet. They got my heart up to its aerobic max and back again...all while I was lying on a table!! Better living through chemicals, I s'pose. They took ultrasound pix throughout. (I thought I saw a baby there once, but I'm pretty sure I was mistaken...)

I enjoy my regular times on the cross trainer. Really, I do. And today underscored the benefit of those times. But so help me, I laid there on the table doing nothing but having chemicals pumped in through an IV, and thought "This is mighty close to exercise without actually exercising." Seems there might be a rather large market for this. "Want to keep your heart in shape without any semblance of exercise? Here, lie on this table & relax while we work out your heart using only these chemicals. Staying awake is optional..." *huge grin*

Anyway, my cuz the cardiologist sez it went well. Thanks so much for your prayers!
Rejoicing,
Mike

p.s. - actually "rejoicing" is not quite the right word, for doing well here means heavy doses of IL-2 are in my near future. But, it is one big step closer to my goal of "Great news, Mr. Madaris! You're cancer free!" *sigh*

p.p.s. - I didn't actually yell "dobutamine" in the echo thing, because I can't spell nor pronounce it; instead, I yelled "Roll Tide!"

pp.p.s. - TBC folks, I'll see you at the FamilyLife center tomorrow morning. I'll be the handsome-if-sick-&-elderly gent on the cross trainer. (aside: I'm not sure which would be more motivating...doing well on a cardio test or doing poorly...in my case, doing well is highly motivating! 20-25 min a pop, 3-4 times a week = doing well on a chemically-assisted echo test)

2 comments:

her said...

yea Mike, I had one of those chemical heart attack tests done a couple of years ago...feels really funny b/c your heart is beating so fast but you are just laying there...of course I have ARTRO FIB and have spen 11.5 hrs in rapid heartbeat...exhausting at best!

Glad you passed and we will be praying for the super duper lunkenbach meds next week to do their job and make you free!

Joy, John 15:11

Unknown said...

Good friends, relations and patients make for an easy time for us doctor- types.

Blessings in Houston.

JAM