Saturday, August 23, 2008

As Aerosmith sang years ago...

..."I'm baaaaaaack...I'm back in the saddle again..."

Yesterday, I worked a full day for the first time in weeks. Dropped Lisa off at her work at 8:00 & went on to WCU. (well, after a brief detour by Chik-Fil-A...and then another detour through Seattle Drip...both required by my medical condition--oh, not the cancer; it's just that I've battled addiction to biscuits and to coffee for years now...well, "battled" is probably not correct here...maybe "enjoyed" is a better word...). And I felt pretty good all day at work, and had a fairly productive day. I did get the yawns around 5:30 p.m., but then I got them last year at that time when my health was still "normal." *smile*

It was great to be back @ WCU preparing for classes!! And being back around my excellent coworkers again. Very therapeutic! Even though I'm heinously far behind in preparing for classes which begin Monday (yikes!), I thoroughly enjoyed the day. And in the middle of the day, I had to go eat Thai food at Suwanna's with a great friend. The time with him and the food were both excellent additions to an outstanding...and normal!...day.

Speaking of outstanding, tomorrow will be the first Sunday in a year and a half in which my church will have a pastor who is not an interim. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us under Tony Merida's teaching & leadership! It's my strong hope and prayer that God continues to magnify Himself in and through Temple Baptist, as He has done since long before we joined 19 years ago.

The final piece of this update is that I discovered this morning that I'm recovered enough to change a tire. *sigh* But that, too, was oddly satisfying and reaffirming. Who'd have thunk that changing a tire could make one happy? I guess that's yet another reminder of the depths of "bummer!" that is cancer/IL-2/lung surgery.

Looking forward to tomorrow. And to the beginning of classes. Somewhat less so to our 8th trip to Houston/MDA Wednesday afternoon though. On the huge plus side, this one should cut down on the need for future treatment-related trips. w00t!!

Thanks for your continued prayers through this medical journey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news Mike.
Milly and Andrew Strelzoff

Anonymous said...

Good news Mike.
Milly and Andrew Strelzoff

Anonymous said...

Changing tires, oil, plugs, etc. has always been therapeutic for me. But then I'm a grease monkey, anyway.

Of course, now it's missiles...

Rick Parker
Rocket Scientist

"Place on ground, light fuse, get away. Use only under adult supervision."

Anybody know any adults???

Mike, I can't wait to report to the No. Alabama Prayer Army that their efforts have worked! What an awesome God!