Monday, August 4, 2008

Closer to Home...

At the moment, my face looks sort like a cross between this... and this...
With a hint of the wicked witch's "I'm melting...melting...." thrown in.
Come to think of it, the hands are pretty close to mine in the second one (Gimli) too. Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal looks (whatever those are...) in the near future.
Keep in mind, boys & girls, that's from the treatment, not the disease...so, yeah...*sigh*
On the gigantic plus side though, we are heading toward H'burg this morning!!
Yaaaaahoooooooo!! Plus, my 1st waking sensation this morning was not being stuck with a needle! By my count, I was stuck 42 times this week, averaging a smooth 6 sticks per day...And some of you probably made it through the whole week without getting stuck once with a needle! *grin*
Other than looking rather between "rode hard & put up wet" and "Mommy, what's wrong with that man's face & hands? 'Hush, honey...it's not polite to stare..." I'm OK. Feel just merely very exhausted, which will get better by the day this week.
Weight-wise, remember in round 1 when I dropped all the wt in a couple of days? Well, apparently that doesn't happen every time either; I've still got about half of it to go, though the trend is in the rt. direction. Thanks to all who were secure enough in their faith to pray for my bodily functions! Keep those coming for another day or two too, if you would.

Please pray for safe travel home...apparently, there's this tropical storm between here (Houston area) and home. But what do I care? I'm not able to drive any! *sad smile* Seriously, your prayers today--esp for Lisa!--are most welcome.

And know that we are absolutely thrilled to be rolling homeward!
As Grand Funk sang back in the late 60s, "I'm getting closer to my home...I'm getting closer to my hooooooome...Yeahyeah..."
With a grateful heart,
Mike

No comments: