Monday, August 25, 2008

Inked Up & Ready

So, I'm all inked up for Friday's surgery. Same as last time, but on the other side. The right side of my chest has a really cool temporary tattoo that looks like this:

RYM

Just a reminder of the interpretation. "Y" stands for "yes, operate on this side." (As Dave Barry says, I am not making this up!) "RM" is Dr. Mehran's initials. So, Friday a.m., anyone @ MDA seeing the right side of my chest will know 2 things: this is the side where the operation happens...because Dr. Mehran said so.

Taught my first class of the academic year today. Another first class meets tomorrow. And let me tell you...it is great to be back! (even if I am going to be gone again late this week & early next week...*sigh*)

Thanks so much for your continued prayers, acts of service, emails, blog comments, facebook comments, cards, letters, hugs, etc. Please keep 'em coming a bit longer...I am completely persuaded that one of the reasons we received such optimistic news is that God has chosen to answer the prayers of so many of you. Know that we are forever grateful to Him...to you...and to Him for you.

With great thanksgiving, unfathomable love, and renewed hope,
Mike

p.s. - Our travel schedule:
--Wednesday - Lisa & I will head out after my class.
--Thursday - bloodwork (yippee!) and prelim appt. w/ the anesthesiologist.
--Friday at zero-dark-thirty - surgery prep; I think actual surgery is at 7:30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ready to pray for you all too! Janice

Anonymous said...

Mike and Lisa,

Good Luck and be careful traveling to Houston. I will be praying for you during this week and throughout your recovery.

her said...

Mike Lisa and kids....and family....we will be praying non-stop on Friday!

What a might God we serve!!
I remember being told once that Jesus has already gone before me in surgery....and it really helped me visualize what would happen, while I was in lahlah land!

Joy, Debi and Steve Ogle