Monday, August 4, 2008

Home at Last

Think of every cool song lyric that speaks fondly of home. Now sing every one of those songs. Don't you feel better? You're welcome! *grin*

I type at a few minutes after 6 on Monday night. From the comfort of home. In fact, I'm blogging under the influence right now...of a 2-hour power nap on our living room floor (James' puppy helped with this) and of my 1st complete shower since last Monday! (Note to all concerned: I have actually bathed since then, so don't be scared. Just haven't stood under a glorious shower)

Today's was a fair uneventful trip. (Of course, I can't drive yet...) The hurricane was a total non-issue for us. Sunny weather & no clouds all the way through east TX & south LA. (Of course, a frog-strangling rainstorm landed on us right as we got near home. But we didn't care.)

Progress on the melting-face front too. I held the door open for a family @ our lunch stop in Baton Rouge, & Lisa said after "see? Your face didn't scare those little boys..." *smile*

Tired is the one-word description of now. About to go walk around the yard a time or two, which will require all of the oomph I can muster. And I'll probably have to nap after. Oh well...

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know that we're home. Thanks so very much for your continued prayers!

With love & hope,
Mike

p.s. - if you didn't already, go read the hilarious comment from my long-time fraternity buddy on the previous post. Thanks, GTO...I needed the chuckle, as did my family...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
How I have waited for the word that you are back home. So glad this round is over...we continue to take you and yours before the throne.

Blessings,
Carl

Leslie said...

So glad to hear y'all are home. Praying still!!

Mandy Dowdy said...

Country road,
Take me home,
To a place
Where I belong...

That's the best I could think of. I'm glad you are safely back home to recover. We will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have helped at least a little, my bro.

With prayerful hopes and hopeful prayers...

Always,
Rick (oka "Goat")