Sunday, August 31, 2008

So...on this date back during antiquity my brother was born. (Roosevelt admin I think...Teddy R, that is...*grin*)

Ok, everybody now:

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
You're older than your brother,
And I got all the looks too.

(Yeah, a couple of cheap shots...but like the man said in Top Gun, "The shot was there, so I took it...")

Seriously, though, If anyone deserves a happy birthday today, it's Jim. He's had a pretty challenging summer, between work things, medical things, and, well, my things. He gave up a couple of weeks of his summer to accompany me to Camp MDA, one of which was spent in IL-2-land. As you can tell from his stuff here, he's quite a guy. And a most excellent big brother too!

So, bro, here's wishing you a happy one, with many more to follow. U Da Man!

Love,
Mike

2 comments:

her said...

CANCER FREE---yipeeee! Mike, Steve and I are so thankful for answered prayers! I hope this finds you healing slow and steady...remember that is how the race is won!!

I look forward to hearing from you and Lisa again..

Lisa, I am so praying for you as the wife of this special man...you are a testimony to marriage and steadfastness! I am sure Mike would say that he 'married up' but I know you would say the same this.

Today, I told Steve "I love you today." He said, "Just today?" I said, "no, but I love you today."

I know you love Mike today!!!
Joy, Debi & Steve Ogle

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS NEWS! Praising God for His healing. Stay safe. Great to hear from you all! Recovery prayers coming your way. Janice