Thursday, August 21, 2008

"'Relax...relax...relax...we need some information...first...

...just the basic facts...can you show me where it hurts?'...'There is no pain, you are receding...a distant ship's smoke on the horizon...you are only coming through in waves...your lips move, but I can't hear what you're sayin...'"

(etc., followed by smoking-hot guitar solo)

This musical introduction brought to you courtesy of Pink Floyd's outstanding song "Comfortably Numb." One of my favorite all-time rock songs, and the first medical-related song lyric I came up at 5:30 a.m....

The details for today:
7:30 a.m. today (Thursday)
Dr. Mehran (click for more info on him)
Purpose of visit: will he operate again to remove the one remaining melanoma spot on my rt. lung?

I'll update, but probably not until after we get home to the Burg later today. Jim's journey today will be longer than mine by about 4 hours. He's dropping me off @ the house & then continuing on to his place in the surburbs of Slapout, AL. (slogan: "Slapout, AL...where you ought to be" I have a great t-shirt w/ that on it)

So please pray for...
--Dr. M to say yes!
--safe travel for us to H'burg
--safe travel for Jim from H'burg to his home
(about a half hour north of Montgomery, just on the off-chance you happen not to know where in the round world Slapout is...)

Thanks so very much!!

With love, gratitude, and hope,
Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying and so is my whole Bible study group. It just so happens, I DO know where Slapout is. I actually went on vacation this year to Jackson's Gap, which isn't that far. I know where Slapout cause I went to church camp in high school with a kid from Slapout. He told me it was because it was slap out in the middle of nowhere. I LOVE being from Alabama!
Love and prayer,
Christy G.