Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Know You've Just Finished a Week of High-Dose Immunotherapy If...

...you can change your shoe size by walking 2 laps about a McDonald's parking lot

...those same 2 laps make you have to take a nap

...you say "Honey I had a revelation while waking up from my nap" and it's not yet 7:00 a.m.

...you say "No thanks, I don't want a donut; I'll just have some more Gatorade."

...your lunch bill is cheaper than your wife's

...you're using a gas station restroom in south LA, & you wonder for a moment where the output measuring devices are

...you wake up thinking "Cool, I slept through morning vitals & lab sticks" only to realize you're not in the hospital any more

...you say "It's only a small hurricane; we can blast on thru the outer rain bands...besides, my wife's driving"

...you don't mind being around a large number of LSU fans because this means you're only 2 1/2 hours away from home.

...you get pretty excited because you think you may have dropped another pound of excess fluid weight.

...the biggest challenge you face in planning your upcoming week is how soon you'll be able to stay awake for an entire Lord of the Rings movie. (note: based on yesterday, "Wednesday" is a bit too soon...I completely missed the fall of Osgiliath and the entmoot. *sigh*)

...you've gotten pretty good at the very important skill of scratching your entire back in public.

...you realize anew that you've been absolutely living on the prayers of many people taking heaven by storm on your behalf, and just seeing some of those people brings tears of gratitude to your eyes.

...you're like a child just before Christmas over getting back into church this Sunday, while at the same time realizing that there is no chance of you making it through the worship service nor the Sunday School time without the shedding of many tears. And you're not really the slightest bit worried about this virtual certainty.

Note: every single one of those (well, except the last one, which is anticipated) is based on actual occurences this week. Lisa & I had several laughs on the way back Monday compiling this list.

I'm feeling like today is going to be a bit better than yesterday. And yesterday--as expected--was better than Tuesday. I still can manage slow-walking just to the stop sign at the end of the street & back...a distance of about 2/10 of a mile. And I still will need to lie down after my walk. But the naps are shorter, and I generally have more energy. I'm rather confident that I might feel normal in another week or so! Can't wait!

Thanks so much for your prayers and acts of service for us! We are grateful and humbled.

With love and hope,
Mike

No comments: